Let’s have some ghosty fun!
This challenge is easy and comes with a chance to win a prize! Wanna play along?
- Create ANY type of project featuring a GHOST! It can be anything! Paper crafts, sewing, etc, etc. As long as YOU made it! You can enter multiple times! NO super old blogentries.. at least have them be from this year! No linking your ghost card from 1998. LOL!
- Post it to your blog or photo sharing website and link it up below! If you are uploading your project to your blog, PLEASE link back to this challenge.
- ONE lucky ghosty will win the fa-boo-lous prize pack shown.
- Entries are accepted up through Sunday night. On MONDAY 10/8 come back to my blog and all winners from the Fa-BOO-Lous week will be announced!
Sound fun? Of course it does!
I’ve got some inspiration to share with you all to get your wheels turning! Plus, Michelle at Designs on Cloud 9 has created this freebie ghost SVG file to download! You can use this in your project if you’d like, or just keep it for something else! It’s super cute! If you’re on Facebook it would be so nice to stop by the Designs on Cloud 9 page and thank Michelle for her adorable freebie and for being a sponsor for this challenge!
For some inspiration we have a Lovely guest designer (and sponsor!) Alyssa from My Thoughts Exactly! She has created this ‘BOO’tiful ghost shaker card! This card also features some Trendy Twine which you will see pop up in a few prize packs this week!
Visit Alyssa’s blog!
Alyssa says: “For the Ghostess with the Mostess challenge I decided to create a sparkly ghosty shaker card. To create the shaker window I used the My Thoughts Exactly Fright Night Friends SVGs and I stamped the window using the ghost from the MTE Fright Night Friends stamp set. Of course I couldn’t resist adding googly eyes! I filled my shaker window with pearly white glitter. To finish it off I embellished the card with the Happy Halloween sentiment and candy corn stamps, Orange Licorice and Grape Licorice Trendy Twine, and an adorable chevron piece of flair from Paper Play Studio!”
Thanks, Alyssa! Don’t you just LOVE her card!? I am SUCH a huge fan of this stamp set, too! If you would like to snag this set for yourself, OR any other of the awesome sets at My Thoughts Exactly, Use the special offer code MTELUVHLCW for 15% off your order! (Good through the Fa-BOO-Lous Halloween week only!) If you’re on Facebook, please swing on by her FACEBOOK PAGE and say hello! She’s been a fabulous sponsor this week and we of course want to spread the love!
For my part, I have a simple non-paper crafty project to share! A spooooky cheese cloth ghost! My kids LOVE these! I have them hanging around our livingroom and when the ceiling fan is on they move around and look like they are ‘floating’.
Here’s a short ‘step by step’ on how to make one:
- SUPPLIES: Cheesecloth, ‘eyes’, styrofoam balls, and thread or fishing line.
- Step 1: Fold cheese cloth in half and cut a half circle on the fold.
- Step 2: Rip/cut edges of cheesecloth to shred it up a bit. Open the cheese cloth circle and lay flat and place a styrofoam ball in the center.
- Step 3: Thread some fishing line or thread through a needle and poke it through the center of the ball from the bottom so the thread comes up through the top for hanging. Tie a knot so it doesn’t slip out.
- Step 4: Fold the cheese cloth over to cover the ball to create the ‘ghost’ and add some eyes! That’s it! A great project for kids to do.
Alrighty, on to the PRIZE!
For each NEW ghost themed project you link up, you will be entered for a chance to win:
- American Crafts adhesive chalkboard labels
- Ten clear test tubes (Perfect for Nerds candies or gummy worms!)
- Four 5×7 kraft paper bags. So fun to alter and stamp on!
- A pack of syrofoam balls to make your own ghosts!
- My Thoughts Exactly sentiment stamps (Ghostly Greetings)
- Green glittered chipboard alpha stickers by K&Co.
- Two washi tape rolls
- 12×12 Echo Park paper collection kit of Chillingsworth Manor
- $20 gift certificate to Designs on Cloud 9
WOW! I can not wait to see all your projects! Link up all the way through Sunday 10/7 to qualify!
Don’t forget to come back DAILY to see new projects, enter new give aways and have fun! Thanks for joining me for my Fa-BOO-Lous Halloween week! See ya tomorrow!