Hey! How’s it going?… Did you all have a nice weekend? I have been prepping and getting some ideas together for all my DIY Halloween decorations I have planned! Did you know I have a full week of Halloween fun that’s gonna be happening here in September? (So you have plenty of time to get Halloween projects done!) More info to come later, but I have some sponsors lined up and will have giveaways all week! I am pretty excited! I will have paper crafts, treat ideas, and DIY decor ideas! Hope you’ll stop by!
Anyhow, since I have Halloween on the brain….. “Mmmmm… Braiiiiiiins” I decided to make a cute and SIMPLE treat bag! I pulled out some fun stamps, my Big Shot, circle framelit dies and got busy!
Did I mention it was simple? Sometimes we all NEED simple, right?
I love the stitched twine.. cute stamps and the buttons… and yes, even that black licorice that most people hate!.. lol
Here’s some detail shots on how I made it!
- Kraft Bags
- Trendy Twine
- Big Shot (or other manual die cutter)
- Sizzix circle framelits
- Sizzix eclips (or other electronic die cutter)
- Sizzix bubble embossing folder
- SVG Cuts Scalloped Shapes (so handy to have!)
- Halloween Stamps (Unity and My Mind’s Eye)
- To create the window on my bag I inserted a framelit die into the bag with the cuting side facing the front of the bag. Line it up the best you can. I held mine up to the window to see through it and get my placement just right!
- Emboss a piece of acetate for the window.
- Eat a Twinkie.
(LOL! Yes.. I was eating a twinkie.. or tried to.. I haven’t had one in awhile and YUCK! Nevermind that mess…)
- Ink the edges in gray. Colorbox ‘Antique Pewter’ is my FAVORITE gray for Halloween projects!
- I cut a scalloped frame with my Sizzix eclips from SVG Cuts ‘Scalloped Shapes’ collection. I used a medium circle frame sized to 3.162″. This will fit perfectly over the opening when you use the 3″ framlits die.
- To close up the bag I stitched over the twine on the front and through the bag, and then wraped the twine around and tied a bow with a stamped tag! Cuteness!
That’s it! A cute and fun way to package treats… and use stamps that you may or may not be hoarding.. or.. ‘collecting’.
Oh.. and when I said I used 2 1/2 pieces of licorice.. I wasn’t kidding. Here you can see when it slipped down and exposed it’s ripped apart self! LOL!!!
Look for a post tonight for the Echo Park blog hop winner!